Monday, November 17, 2014

Winner Hello London Competition: Kosiso Ezeonyeka

Hello Diary.
I have some very great news for you! We won the Hello London competition on Buntricia!!!! (screaming)!!! We did it! We are winners! Guess what is even more interesting? we made the highest votes on instagram with well over 5000votes Yikes!!!! (takes a deep breath). If you remember my previous post, you would see how calm I was about the whole thing. I believed, I had so much faith and confidence given that I had tried before but did not make it. This time, all the posts, messages, Bcs and Dms paid off! We won! I have a very long list pf people to thank. People I think I owe this to. I went on my knees to say a prayer for every one of you. To those that keep tabs on my posts, be sure that you were not left out in my prayers. It has been an amazing journey in quite a short time! Thank you so much! 
Now, this was the inspiration look for the competition.

Done by @makeupbypinky on instagram. The instruction stated INSPIRATION and then I went to work for the finals. 

I was working on this with the pretty Annabelle again. Few days to the submission of my entry, we got a message saying we were to duplicate the look and not interpret and then I went  zzzzzzzzzz..... Like what do we need this information for 2days before D-day. I made several attempts to book another studio session but I could not. With brilliant minds on my team, we decided to dig into what we already have as we tend to do a lot of shoots (with or without a competition). Look what we came up with as a close duplication of the look given the colours and accessories.


I called this 'my Nubian Princess' for so many reasons. We went ahead to submit. I remember vividly going to church the evening before I submitted because I did not want this opportunity to slip through my fingers one more time. I got God FULLY involved and he showed himself mightily. 
Through the heat of the 2weeks duration, I kept praying, kept midnight watch, lol!, talked to people, bought them data plans, did everything to keep my votes on +Buntricia Bastian  tops. 

Ramona, our Ugandian model, was so supportive and I thank her. I woke up one day to see a drawing of my work on her page. lol! I do not know who did this work but I totally loved it and it helped ease the tension. On the fateful day, November 1st, I was a lot calmer, I knew I had won this one. I was out of town, I tried to keep tabs as much as possible as my network was not exactly at its best. I came online at about 30mins after the results had been announced and guess what!!! Your girl did it! We did it! We won!




Many people never understood why I was so overjoyed especially when they asked me, now what next? how much do you get and I'm like '...no money, its a conference in London'. It keeps them wondering.. As for me, there are far more important things in Life than money especially with my responsibilities. This is a big deal! and I am most grateful to God and Buntricia Batisan for the opportunity she created for aspiring young women like me interested in success. I met and shared this same passion with Oyinda of eedasatelier.blogspot.com. We had the same worries and fears and still encouraged ourselves all the while and she also won the competition as well. I'm very hopeful for better things to come. We only just started.
 A penny for your thoughts..


No comments:

you may also like these

Ad Sense